The ECB has announced the details of England’s winter tour schedule for 2011/12. England will play a five-match ODI series and T20 international in India; Test, ODI and T20 series against Pakistan in UAE; and a two-Test series in Sri Lanka.
ECB chief executive David Collier said, “We are very pleased to have agreed an itinerary with the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) for the forthcoming one-day series, which includes matches in India’s major cities and will suit the needs of both the England team and our travelling supporters.
“With India due to play a NatWest Series here in September, there is bound to be intense interest in the return contest in India this October and we look forward to what should be a fascinating series of one-day encounters between the two teams.
“The remainder of the winter programme will see England travel to UAE early in the new year to play Pakistan in all three formats of the game followed by a short break in the UK before the team takes on Sri Lanka in a two-match Test series.”
England tour of India
- October 4: England arrive in Hyderabad
- October 8: 50-over warm-up match, Hyderabad (Gymkhana)
- October 11: 50-over warm-up match, Hyderabad (Gymkhana)
- October 14: 1st ODI v India (D/N), Hyderabad (RGI Stadium, Uppal)
- October 17: 2nd ODI v India (D/N), Delhi (Ferozeshah Kotla)
- October 20: 3rd ODI v India (D/N), Mohali (PCA Stadium)
- October 13: 4th ODI v India (D/N), Mumbai (Wankhede Stadium)
- October 26: 5th ODI v India (D/N), Kolkata (Eden Gardens)
- October 29: T20 v India (D/N), Kolkata (Eden Gardens)
England v Pakistan, UAE
The ECB and PCB have agreed that the tour will comprise three Test matches, four ODIs and three T20s to be played in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. A detailed itinerary will be announced in due course.
England to Sri Lanka, Test series
The international element of the tour will consist of two Test matches. England will revisit Sri Lanka in November/early-December 2014 for a programme of one-day internationals.
The programme of warm-up matches leading into the Test series will be confirmed in due course but the two Test matches are scheduled as follows:
- March 26-30: 1st Test v Sri Lanka, Galle
- April 3-7: 2nd Test v Sri Lanka, Colombo (venue TBC)