Cricket Australia have launched the upcoming KFC T20 Big Bash League in Sydney as all eight franchises unveiled their captains, and team logos, uniforms and websites.
- Adelaide Strikers – Michael Klinger
- Brisbane Heat – James Hopes
- Hobart Hurricanes – Tim Paine
- Melbourne Renegades – Andrew McDonald
- Melbourne Stars – Cameron White
- Perth Scorchers – Marcus North
- Sydney Sixers – Brad Haddin
- Sydney Thunder – David Warner
The inaugural competition will begin on December 16 with a clash between the Sydney Sixers and the Brisbane Heat at the SCG.
The semi finals will take place on January 21 (first v fourth) and January 22 (second v third) before the very first KFC T20 Big Bash League final played on January 28.
The tournament replaces the KFC Twenty20 Big Bash and will feature eight city based teams, the top two placed of which qualify for the Champions League Twenty20.