The New Zealand selectors today announced the Test squad for the tour of India.
Two uncapped Kane Williamson and Hamish Bennett were named in squad. Kane Williamson and Hamish Bennett were selected sue to their impressive show on the recent tour of Bangladesh.
“Kane Williamson is an impressive young talent and his game continues to improve with his involvement in the Black Caps while Bennett did everything asked of him on the recent tour of Bangladesh and offers the side a genuine pace option,” said Coach and selector Mark Greatbatch.
Brent Arnel, Martin Guptill, Chris Martin, Tim McIntosh, Gareth Hopkins and Jeetan Patel will travel directly from Zimbabwe to India where they have been playing a series of four-day matches for the New Zealand A.
New Zealand Test Squad
- Brent Arnel – Northern Knights
- Hamish Bennett – Canterbury Wizards
- Martin Guptill – Auckland Aces
- Gareth Hopkins – Auckland Aces
- Chris Martin – Auckland Aces
- Brendon McCullum – Otago Volts
- Tim McIntosh – Auckland Aces
- Andy McKay – Wellington Firebirds
- Jeetan Patel – Wellington Firebirds
- Jesse Ryder – Wellington Firebirds
- Tim Southee – Northern Knights
- Ross Taylor – Central Stags
- Daniel Vettori (c) – Northern Knights
- B-J Watling – Northern Knights
- Kane Williamson – Northern Knights
New Zealand vs India Test schedule:
- First Test – November 4: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad
- Second Test – November 12: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
- Third Test – November 20: Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Jamtha, Nagpur