New Zealand Cricket have announced a 15 player squad to travel to Australia for the ICC Under-19 World Cup in August this year.
The squad includes 13 members from the side which played in the Under 19 Quadrangular Series in Townsville last week.
Arnie Yugaraja of Canterbury and Robert O’Donnell from Auckland are the new inclusions in the team, while Will Young maintains his role as captain.
A further 15 players will be named to form cover for the side and fulfil the 30 man squad ICC requirements.
Sixteen teams will compete in the tournament, with New Zealand in Group B. They will play warm-up matches against South Africa and Nepal, before facing Pakistan, Scotland and Afghanistan in the pool stages.
The Under-19’s first match in the world cup is on August 12th against Scotland.
New Zealand Under 19 World Cup squad
- Will Young (C) – Central Districts
- Ben Horne – Auckland
- Michael Davidson – Canterbury
- Joe Carter – Northern Districts
- Robert O’Donnell – Auckland
- Henry Walsh – Wellington
- Arnie Yugaraja – Canterbury
- Connor Neynens – Central Districts
- Cameron Fletcher – Auckland
- Sean Davey – Northern Districts
- Jacob Duffy – Otago
- Matthew Quinn – Auckland
- Edward Nuttall – Canterbury
- Theo van Woerkom – Canterbury
- Ish Sodhi – Auckland